You go to your gym only to find yourself waiting for exercise machines. You wait for ages to get on the weight bench only to see it covered in sweat.
There’s that guy again who loves to let everyone know how hard he is working out with a bellowing grunt. Then another guy who drops the weight plate to make sure everyone knows how heavy he is lifting.
If you’ve been going to the gym long enough, you know what I mean. You need to get your workout done in peace. So here are some home exercises to lose belly fat.
The simple, fast, but hard home exercises to lose belly fat
For these exercises, you don’t need any weight plates, barbells, or exercise machines. You can successively complete all these exercises with your body weight.
Using your body weight is a great way to start your bodybuilding journey. What many do not understand is joining a gym is not necessary to lose weight.
Although, if you are gunning for Mr. Olympia, you may need to purchase a gym membership or spend thousands on your gym equipment.
If you are like me, who do not need to have bulging guns like the Hulk, you only need to do these exercises. The great thing is, you can do all these at home, rain or shine, no waiting, and loud grunts.
- Stand neutral with legs hips apart.
- Jump up spreading your legs while simultaneously raising your hands above your head. Landing your feet wide apart.
- Jump up again to return to your original position while lowering your hands to your side.
- Repeat for as long as you can.
- Start in a neutral standing position.
- Imagine there’s a chair behind you and sit your butt down while you stretch both your arms out.
- Drive your body back up to a neutral position.
- Repeat the process.
- Lay flat on your stomach.
- Put both of your palms on the floor at shoulder-width apart.
- Using your palms, drive your body up, keeping your back, butt, heels, inline.
- The only thing touching the floor should be your toes and your palms.
- If you’re still starting and can’t do it normally, a more comfortable variation is keeping your knees on the floor as you drive your body up.
- Now, slowly lower your chest close to the floor as possible without touching.
- Then drive yourself back up again.
- Repeat until you are fatigued.
- Sit on a chair.
- Hold the edge of the chair with your hands beside your thighs.
- Lower your butt down off the chair.
- Make sure your legs are straight; your heels should be the only body part touching the floor.
- Lower yourself as far as you can.
- Drive your body back up using the palms of your hands.
- Repeat until fatigued.
- Similar to regular pushups, but one hand is in front of your shoulder and the other behind the shoulder.
- The same regular pushup movement applies.
- You can alternate your hands for each set.
Wide Grip Pushup
- Again, similar to regular pushups, but your hands are further apart.
- Your hands should be wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keep in mind that the wider apart your hands are, the harder it is for you to work.
Similar to squats with one leg variation.
- Start in a neutral position.
- Step forward with one leg.
- Lower your body down by bending your other leg.
- Once your back leg’s knee is inches from the floor, explode back up.
- Alternate with the other leg.
- Repeat until exhausted.
This sit-up will build some core strength to support your back and make your abs stand out. This traditional sit-up will target your upper abs.
- Lay on your back.
- Cup your ears, but don’t use your hands to pull yourself up.
- With your back straight, raise your upper back 2 to 3 inches off the floor.
- Make sure you are using your abs to do this movement. No holding on to your ears.
- Slowly lower your upper back down on to the floor.
- Repeat to exhaustion.
Lying leg raises
- Lay on your back.
- Put your arms to your side, partly under your butt.
- Using your hips and core, raise your legs until it’s pointing to the ceiling or sky, depending on where you are.
- Slowly bring it back down without touching the floor.
- Repeat until exhausted.
- Start with your legs hips apart.
- Hop down to the ground to lay down in a pushup position with your chest, stomach, knees flat.
- When your chest hits the floor, you’re going to push your body up, then snap your hips up to jump up and clap your hands over your head.
- Repeat until you can’t do it anymore.
Mountain climb will be the last exercise to do to lose the belly fat. This exercise will get your heart pumping.
- Get into a pushup position.
- Without lifting your butt in the air, push your knee towards your chest.
- As you retract your knee to go back to the original position, push the other knee towards your chest.
- Remember not to lift your butt high and keep it steady if you can.
- If for some reason, you can’t keep your butt low, you might have to improve on your flexibility. For the moment, if your butt goes high, then it’s perfectly fine. However, strive to improve your flexibility.
Want more exercises? Click on the following links:
- 22 exercises to lose belly fat in 1 week GUARANTEED
- 6 easy exercises to lose belly fat at home fast!
- 7 PROVEN Exercises to lose belly fat FAST
- 8 PROVEN exercises to lose belly fat with bad knees (TESTED)
How to do these home exercises to lose belly fat
Here’s how to implement these home exercises in your routine to lose your belly fat. You should aim to be exhausted for each exercise.
Have a rest for 30 seconds in between, and if you are a beginner, you can increase your rest time to 1 minute. As you get better, you should push yourself. Remember, the more you push yourself, the faster you can see your abs.
To be on the safe side, you should consider calculating your maximum heart rate and then find out your fat-burning zone using our calculators below:
So those are your 11 simple, yet hard home exercises to lose belly fat. By the end of each session, you will be sweating like crazy.
However, as your heart gets used to the strenuous workout, the stronger it gets. I guarantee that if you do this 5 days a week, you will see a significant improvement to your health.
There are many ways to lose belly fat, read the following article to know more:
“I have the metabolism of a sloth and a body that hates putting on muscles. This curse motivated me to study weight loss and nutrition. I want to share my experiences and knowledge to help you achieve your ideal body.”— Christian Tanobey