Although several hormones have played a vital role in the development of humans, if we talk about testosterone, its job is more crucial than all.
The reason is that testosterone is a hormone associated with the body’s growth and reproduction system.
But if we take a look, we will know that due to its high benefits, this particular hormone is being commercialized due to its increased benefits, and several products are being introduced whose origin can be dated back to testosterone.
These products have many medicinal and therapeutic effects. On top of all testosterone products, the testosterone esters such as testosterone acetate are ranked.
Although several testosterone products are present in the class of testosterone esters, the testosterone acetate was the first ester to be introduced into the medicinal field. In 1936 it was used for therapeutic purposes and prescribed for the very first time.
Taking a look at it, we know that the period of the action of this drug is extremely fast, which is why it is available in the form of male testosterone hormone.
- Mechanism of action
If we want to know how this drug works in our bodies, we will understand that it becomes dissolved in the bloodstream once it is administered. Thus, an immediate response is provided. This is why this drug was perfect for patients and athletes. In addition, if its mechanism of action is compared with the rest of the products or esters available, it is faster than the other esters.
After administration, the rest of the esters take some time to get dissolved in the bloodstream as we have discussed that it is rapid-acting. This is why the life of this drug is concise, calling for more after short intervals. Therefore, it is advised that you take another dose after every 2 to 3 days if you want to maintain your body’s testosterone levels.
- Dosage of the testosterone acetate
The dosage of any drug must be closely monitored because if not taken or administered correctly, it might produce fatal results. Especially when we talk about the immediately acting products, we will know that such products have particular dosage indications. For example, if we talk about testosterone acetate, its dosage depends upon the physician’s prescription once he is done with your examination. But if we look at the standard dosage, it varies in the form of 100 mg, 200 mg, 500 mg, and 1000mg.
While administering the drug, it must be kept in mind that if you are not distributing the correct dosage, you might not be able to get the desired therapeutic effect. Whatever the case, conduct self-medication. It will produce disastrous effects on your health.
- Testosterone acetate benefits
The testosterone acetate, a medicated product, can only be used if its registered benefits. Therefore, if we talk about testosterone acetate, its benefits are numerous. Some of them are mentioned below for the enhancement of your knowledge:
- The testosterone acetate enhances the growth of the muscles
- The hormonal product also helps improve muscle quality and helps recover the tissues.
- Zero aromatization is the most significant benefit of testosterone acetate.
- It helps improve overall body functions and helps in gaining increased performance.
- Testosterone acetate uses
Although the usage spectrum of the hormone is very vast. But if we take a look, we will know that it is very widely used in the veterinary sector. Some of the uses of testosterone acetate are mentioned below for the enhancement of your knowledge:
- The testosterone acetate is used in the cattle to gain muscle mass and for the promotion of the androgens
- The injections are given to the cattle through the subcutaneous injection routes to ensure that the cattle grow mass before being transported to the slaughterhouse.
- If we talk about its non-medicinal uses, it is being utilized in the fitness sector. It helps in gaining muscle mass.
- Its approval was never authorized for humans. Thus, it has no applications.
- The bodybuilders who use testosterone acetate do so because, unlike testosterone, this particular product does not cause fluid retention making it ideal.
- Testosterone acetate Side effects
Every medicinal product has some side effects associated with it. Thus, to enhance your knowledge, we have mentioned some of the side effects of testosterone acetate below:
- Some common side effects of testosterone acetate include oily skin, acne, seborrhea, and increased facial hair growth. Also, this is combined with the increased hair loss on the scalp. Also, these side effects are affected by the genetic mutations of a person.
- Testosterone acetate can cause voice deepening, hirsutism, clitoral enlargement, and virilization in women.
- The administration of testosterone acetate can suppress natural testosterone production, thus resulting in a condition commonly known as hypogonadism.
- The administration of testosterone acetate can lead to several cardiovascular issues. First, it suppresses the high-density lipoprotein and cholesterol and increases the low-density lipoprotein, thus resulting in cardiovascular problems.
Everything is poison, and nothing is without poison. Only the dosage alone ensures a product is a drug or toxin.
Therefore, if we look at testosterone acetate might produce fatal results in some cases.
Consequently, it is of utmost importance that the benefits of testosterone acetate are studied along with its usage and side effects to ensure that you get an accurate picture of the product before utilization.
“I have the metabolism of a sloth and a body that hates putting on muscles. This curse motivated me to study weight loss and nutrition. I want to share my experiences and knowledge to help you achieve your ideal body.”— Christian Tanobey