Which exercise reduces belly fat? Honestly, any exercise will reduce your belly fat. Let me tell you a secret. You CAN’T tell your body where to lose fat. Your body tells you. You have no control. What you can control, though, is where you build muscle. WTF right?
So, instead of asking which exercise reduce belly fat, you should be asking how to lose belly fat. And to lose belly fat, you have to reduce your overall weight. So, if a trainer tells you otherwise, please ask for a replacement.
Here are some exercises I do to lose my belly fat and keep it in check.
Did you know that jump rope improves cardio compared to jogging? A study of 92 students proved that a 10-minute bout of jump rope is the same as jogging for 30 minutes.
It’s a no-brainer. Get yourself a jump rope. Once you get a rope, try the 7-day jump rope challenge.
Jump rope is so efficient at losing the belly and love handles. Here’s a brief summary of how you can start jump roping to a sexy belly:
- First, learn how to buy and set up a jump rope.
- Buy a jump rope.
- Do the 30-day or 7-day jump rope challenge.
- Finally, go to the beach and flaunt your abs.
Jump rope is only one of my many exercises to reduce belly fat. There are many others. One of them is shadow boxing.
Listen, shadow boxing is not limited to boxers or “fighters,” for that matter. Boxing is a great and fun way to lose belly fat. Heck, my girlfriend uses me as a punching bag. It makes her lose weight and relieves stress. But then again, hitting someone or something is not shadow boxing. So here’s how to shadowbox like a pro (ish).
- Stand like you want to fight. Make yourself a smaller target by not squaring up. Your non-dominant arm is slightly bent in front of your dominant hand. At the same time, your dominant hand is close to your ear, cocked, and ready to go.
- Now that you know the proper stance learn the jab. Imagine your boss or someone you really don’t like is right in front of you. Throw your non-dominant hand at your boss and make sure it returns to its original position after throwing.
- Now, after the jab comes the cross. Remember your dominant hand cocked and ready to fire? Throw that at your boss after the jab. You just did a 1 – 2.
- Learn the uppercut. The uppercut can be thrown with any hand. It’s basically from 6oclock to 12oclock, down to up. It’s a powerful knockout blow used mainly in close quarters.
- Learn the hook. A hook can also be thrown with either hand. The hook starts from 3oclock to 9oclock or vice versa.
- When you throw a punch, put your body into it. Rotate your body when you do a hook, dig down and up when throwing an uppercut, and step forward with your jab.
When it comes to losing belly fat with shadowboxing, the basics of punching are all you need to know. However, many pros use shadowboxing only to learn or perfect new moves.
You can use it to lose weight by throwing everything you have at your invisible boss that you hate so much. You can lose plenty of calories when you punch with your body and not just your arm.
Walking is an underrated exercise for weight loss and losing belly fat, especially if you have joint pains in your legs.
Walking is also easy and can be done at any fitness level. Want to lose 300 calories? Go for a 1-hour walk.
Do you want to lose 300 calories faster? Walk a little bit faster. How many calories you want to lose and the time it will take to lose the belly fat depends on you.
How I used walking to burn off more calories and save my meniscus from further damage was to put the treadmill on an incline. I also looked for hills during my walks and walked faster.
Walking is an exercise that helps reduce belly fat while preventing further damage or pain to your legs.
Also, read the following: How to walk to reduce belly fat.
Dancing is another form of exercise that reduces belly fat.
I’ve danced before. Mainly Hip Hop, RnB.
But, to get you to lose weight in the shortest amount of time, try Zumba.
A study concluded that Zumba fitness classes 3 times per week for 60 mins a session helped participants’ physical and mental health.
In my opinion, no matter which form of dance you choose, be it Zumba, Contemporary, or Hip Hop, you will lose weight.
As long as you’re not putting in the same amount of calories that you’re taking out. You may have hit everything hard for 30 minutes but then again had a Whopper meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 5 Krispy Kremes for dessert.
You won’t lose as many calories compared to dancing, walking, jumping rope, or shadowboxing right away. But you will improve your fat to muscle ratio.
And the more muscle you have, the higher your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). BMR is how many calories you’re burning at rest.
Although you won’t burn as much with your extra muscles at rest, you will look better with abs when you’re jacked than someone skinny.
Aesthetics aside, you also won’t have a problem lifting your other half and can fend off attackers with your guns (biceps).
Which exercise reduce belly fat?
It is simple as that.
The caveat is that you won’t reduce your belly fat if you eat more than you’re exercising.
Abs are indeed made in the kitchen.
Concentrate on eating nutritious food, eliminate junk from your life forever, and exercise.
Many exercises reduce belly fat. For example, walking is excellent when your legs aren’t 100%.
Jump rope will burn plenty of calories in a shorter time than jogging.
Shadowboxing will let you off some steam, resistance training will make you look even better without a shirt, and dancing is fun!
So don’t fret about which exercise reduces belly fat. Just eat healthy food, don’t overindulge, and exercise.
“I have the metabolism of a sloth and a body that hates putting on muscles. This curse motivated me to study weight loss and nutrition. I want to share my experiences and knowledge to help you achieve your ideal body.”— Christian Tanobey