Hello, health, wellness, and fitness professionals. We’d love to hear from you. The following are tips and guidelines to write for us. Bear in mind that guest posts are marked as sponsored.
Guest post guidelines
Writing for Healthful Papa can help you gain readers, hone your skills, and get your article published.
Posts Must Be 100% Original to Healthful Papa
Any guest post accepted must be exclusive to Healthful Papa. Posts must be original. This means:
- Keep it plagiarism-free. We rely on Grammarly and CopyScape to detect copied contents. Please don’t copy and paste. Be original.
- Don’t use words from your previous articles or anywhere else for that matter.
- We own the rights to your article.
- Don’t publish the article anywhere else.
What to Write About?
You’re most welcome to talk about your life story but keep it brief. No one wants to know. Keep it valuable and focus on helping the audience.
Most of all, keep it about health, wellness, and fitness.
Successful articles seem to be the following:
- How to’s
- Expert roundups
Don’t pitch in your post, please.
Don’t use Healthful Papa to sell your goods and services. You can do that on your website. Your post should help the reader.
Providing your expertise and helping others will garner you a great following. Followers will listen to what you have to say and buy anything you sell.
That’s called branding. This is pretty much what guest post is all about nowadays as Google started to crack on guest posting.
Please disclose any relationship you will mention in the article. For example, you work for a company, your client, or a business partner.
How many words should you write in your article?
- Posts should be at least 1,000 words.
- The average post in Healthful Papa is 1500 words.
SEO Writing tips
- Please keep paragraphs short. No more than 3 sentences.
- The headline should be worthy of clicking on. Try to use words that are so enticing that the browser has to read your article.
- Add authoritative sources to your arguments, research, studies.
- If you’re providing images, name the file as if you’re describing what’s in the photo. IMG_001 or picture1 is terrible.
- Be informative and concise.
- Please proofread your article for grammar and spelling mistakes.
Meta descriptions or excerpts
Summarize the article in 160 characters or 20 words.
Please provide authoritative links to support your opinions. Otherwise, it’s just your theoretical opinion.
- Please link directly to the source and not the homepage or other pages.
- Please don’t promote yourself. You can do that in your bio.
- No affiliate links.
- Any links that are spammy, promotional, or plain bad, we’ll throw it in the black hole.
- We reserve the right to add rel=”nofollow” to any link or remove a link at any time, before or after an article is published.
- No links to bad sites. Our discretion determines terrible sites.
- We reserve the right to reject, unpublish your articles and tell others about you. Ok, we may not let others know about you, but we’ll blacklist and ban you.
- Don’t use spun contents. It’s easy to tell.
- Respect other people’s work and cite them.
Our audience would love to know more about you. Be quirky, be fun, be eccentric. Ultimately, be you.
Send us a photo, a headshot, please.
Add links to where you want our readers to follow you, such as the following:
Add your Company Details:
- Your company
- Your position
- Your company’s URL
All links are marked sponsored.
We own the rights to the article.
Before we hit publish, we do the following:
- Optimize the post for the keywords
- Create smashing headlines
- Go over and write the meta description
- Proofread the article
- Structure the content
- Add or optimize images
- Find suitable links
- Check for plagiarism
- Examine sources for credibility
So, the final draft may differ slightly.
Writing for us and your work published to healthfulpapa.com means you agreed to the above requirements, terms, and agreements.